Psalm 115,Study 1,Where Is Your God ?
1. Although the Author is unknown again this is one of the Psalms called "Hallel"
2. Sung at the passover meal to remember Israel's release from slavery in egypt
3. This Psalm / song, begins by giving God the glory for the great things He did or has done
4. Although the nations say "Where is your God"
5. God does as He pleases and is above all gods
6. No idol made of gold or silver or stone has made man in its image
7. Only the one true God is our helper and shield
8. He blesses us and we sing His Praises
GLORY TO GOD
Who delivered from a people with foreign tongue ?
Who sent the plagues and to harden the heart of pharoah ?
Who commanded the sea to part and dry land to appear ? Genesis 1:9
Who gathered His people like a mother covers her chicks ? Matthew 23:37
Exodus 19:4 Deuteronomy 32:11
Who brought them from this nation to a "promised land" and made the jordan dry up ?
Who saved you and brought you to Himself , who baptised you in Him ?
Who gave you the testimony you have ?
To whom gets the glory ?
What god ?
MADE IN HIS IMAGE
Adam and Eve being made in the image of God and being formed out of the earth
We being the ongoing of the original creation Psalm 104:30
God renewing the face of the earth so that we are as "past generations" being formed as from the original
Being sustained and renewed by the breath of God
This applying to all people and all living creatures upon the face of the earth
And those who walk into God glorious light and became "children of God" having their
old corrupted souls renewed by and filled afresh by the living God
Being once more as if in the garden of Eden in communion with God
We see the God who "talks and walks, hears and see's us" as with Adam and Eve
Who smells sin and is repulsed by it and feels for those who walk in this way
These gods mentioned that are formed from the earth by man being his idol of
Not made in the image of God but being made in mans image
Yet even God being in the minds of some "made in mans image"
In this mankind tries to reverse the way things were made and intended to be
These gods being made without hands and feet with no mouths to speak or eyes to see
An abomination to God that rises to His nostrils
TRUST IN THE LORD
Those who make gods are like the gods that they make
And they who trust in these gods become like them in verse 8
Verse 9 Trust in the Lord you covenant people, Israel trust in the Lord your shield
this is directed at the house of Israel to trust in their Lord God
10. tells the house of Araan to trust in the Lord God and shield
The house of Araan, that is the levites
11. And all that fear God , trust in the Lord God who is the shield
All who fear God are to trust in the One God and He would be their shield
Trust in God and He would be their shield, their protector, their defender.
In verses 9-11 we hear three times to trust in God,
1. Israel 2. The Levites 3, All those who fear God
Also three times that God is their Shield
No other gods made from the earth that God created can protect or defend
No other god can be trusted, no other god is like our God
And those who put their trust in another god will become like them
Being dead , going back to the earth, being without life
God will bless the house of Aaron
God will bless those who fear Him
God will bless in abundance
The heavens belong to Him and the earth is for man
Praise the Lord